2/20/2017

Wagner thieves

Again those  Wagner Consulting International thieves.

I got this mail:
"We’re having some files for translation, these are patent claims for several products or services.
We have around 4 sets of 3 patents claims each, every part has around 25,000 words to be done on MateCat (free online translation tool that we can provide a manual if necessary).
We’d need them approximately in 7/8 days and I believe our budget is around 600 USD per set.

Would you kindly let me know if you’re available and if you have experience in Patent Claims?
I look forward to your answer!"


Calculation shows: that is appr. 0.02 USD/word. And it would require about 20+ pages of patent specification per day. Off hand I don't know anybody who can do that (properly). Not to mention that the use of CAT tools - in my experience - only INCREASES work load and time requirements; especially when working with patents.

I took the liberty of responding:

Are you not ashamed of yourself (your main office located in the USA) asking people to work for rates lower than what companies in rural India or China offer?

By royal decree from his bombastity Trump you should be hiring AMERICAN translators FIRST and ONLY anyway.
I am sure American translators love to work for peanuts and can live a luxury life on those rates.

Thomas Blasejewicz


or am I overreacting .. again ....?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment